Friday, July 31, 2009

Wow! That's all I have to say about my wonderful experience at CHA! Well, not exactly. When have I ever had only one word to say?...Ok, 10 words or less (sort of) --


Of course I started and ended the show at the Provo booth. The Cricut snuck up on me while Michelle was taking a picture of me and the Cuttlebug. What a hoot! I checked out all the new Cricut cartridges and the very very cool Gypsy. (And I have a very very special surprise that you won't believe when you see it!!!) Keep your eye on the blog. I also have coming all the new Cuttlebug embossing folders. There was the CUTEST salesman, so I think I ordered everything Provo makes! I made Michelle take her picture with him, so you could see what I mean. I know one of the followers on my blog is My Romeo and he is the most wonderful man on the planet. But it's okay for me to look. He is a man after all and sneaks a peak at the cute girls who walk by when we're together. (Tee hee)


I ordered the cool new Corner Chompers from the Crop-A-Dile line at the WRMK's booth. You will be making custom board books with these cool tools I can tell you! They have 3 new ones with 2 designs on each tool!


You know I am all about the tools and the toys, and I brought back lots of ideas for fun classes and samples of not yet released papers from Imaginisce and new ideas to use their i-top Tool for customizing your brads.


I talked to a ton of artists whose work you have to see to appreciate. Including an adorable sweet painter. She works with her husband to recreate the canvas onto 12x12 scrapbook pages that will stop you in your tracks! I got to chat a moment with Marie Osmond and took a gander at the wonderful craft bags she has designed. They are made for sewing materials but I am going to use them for my tools and all the cool stuff I saw at the show. They are gorgeous and she is a sweetheart!


And one of my favorite tools is the cute cute cute Texture Boutique machine for embossing and all the beautiful new embossing folders. I couldn't choose, so I ordered them all. Everyone in the card swap group will have to have them, so be sure to reserve yours. We all know Mrs. Levi (aka the talented and wonderful Evelyn) will want them.


I stopped by Robin's Nest and had to keep from calling the cool Dew Drops Skittles. But, guess what...the Skittles are on the way to The Pink House, along with their new Tear Drop shapes


Don't let Michelle know, but I think I spent the entire product budget. Which wouldn't be so bad if she hadn't also! I also heard a rumor that our new lease may be waiting for us when we get back. Come in and see me on Monday and we'll chat. Don't forget, we are open 7 days a week again and the 136 Red Bank location WILL STAY OPEN until the new site is up and running and ready for all the great stuff we have coming.


I took a class and got some great tips on using the Nestabilities dies. Romeo got here yesterday and helped me take some pics to share. Speaking of which, today is his birthday and I am going to spend it focusing on him. So, you'll have to wait until I get back to Charleston to hear about all the cool stuff I saw and touched this week.


Thanks a bunch to Brandy for doing such a great job for us this week. And isn't it cool that Amber's Joshua and Romeo share a birthday? Does that make us soul sisters? See you all soon. I am really excited about the wonderful trip and can't wait to talk your ears off about it.


The Mom aka Karla
The pics are coming later. I am soooo computer stupid and my Baby and I have a big day planned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A big Happy Birthday to you. Have a great time. I'll see you next week.

Tina

Anonymous said...

Oh MOM!!!! Brandy, Sheila and I just raided your new Primas......they are soooo beautiful!! I think I have put aside one of everything you ordered (mine and Sheila's order are marked in bags under the cash register). I cannot wait to see the rest of y'all's booty from the convention!

Oh and yes, it is sweet that Sweet Joshua and your Romeo have the same birthday. Isn't that the coolest! We are soul sisters girl!

See you soon!!