Monday, June 22, 2009

The trip so far has been filled with mixed blessings.

The BEST news is time well spent with my sweetie and GREAT grandbaby hugs! The less than great news was the worst hotel room ever and the beach was ridden with algae. It was heartbreaking. The gulf coast is beautiful and the sand is like baby powder. The water is so clear you can see your feet, even walking hundreds of yards out. I'll post pictures later. I drowned my sorrows in chocolate and fell asleep watching a movie. Romeo (yes, that's what I call him) was tolerant of my complaining and supportive.

Then, we got stuck in Louisiana on a bridge with no exits for over an hour. We took a detour as soon as we could and got back on I-10 again. Needless to say, my grandson was less than happy, but he was SOOOO good. I was very proud of him. I have to go now because they are on their way and we're going to breakfast. More later on the woes and beauties of Houston TX...

No comments: